Help! My car won’t start.

1. Battery Voltage: Ensure that the 12V battery voltage is sufficient. A low battery can prevent the engine from starting. You might want to check the battery’s charge level or have it tested.

2. Smart Key Battery: While you mentioned the key fob and battery are fine, it’s worth double-checking the Smart Key battery. If it’s weak, it could cause issues. There’s a mechanical key within the Smart Key that can open the driver’s door. Once inside, hold the Smart Key next to the START button and depress it.

3. Engine Immobilizer: Sometimes, an issue with the engine immobilizer system can prevent the car from starting. If the engine doesn’t crank at all, this could be a possibility.

4. Starter Motor: If the engine doesn’t even attempt to start, the starter motor might be faulty. A professional inspection is recommended.

5. Ignition Switch: Faulty ignition switches can also cause no-start issues. Have a mechanic check this component.

6. Diagnostic Scan: Consider getting a diagnostic scan done at an authorized dealer. It can reveal any error codes and help pinpoint the issue.

Try #2, first. If no luck, I would have the battery checked, next. Sometimes when the battery is weak, a message that makes no sense will illuminate. Ours tells us to place the shifter in Park. I know from experience that if that happens, the battery needs to be replaced.