Loud acceleration noise with straining sound.

Hello, I apologize if this issue has already been addressed.  I own a 2020 RX 450h F-sport and recently noticed a louder/higher pitched sound than usual when accelerating quickly up to ~40mph.  It's the type of sound you would expect to hear when you drive this thing up a hill at a faster speed.  From the stop position up to cruising if I press the gas slowly it does not create this sound, but any hard or quick push does until it come up to cruising speed.  I've previously owned multiple RXs, a RX 350 and RX350h and never had this issue.  This is my first F-sport...is this normal for this particular model?  In addition to this, does anyone know if the Toyota dealership will service a Lexus at a lower cost than what the Lexus dealership charges?

Thankyou in advance for your help!

It looks like this sound was not present when you bought the vehicle? Is your RX still under warranty? If there is a Toyota-equivalent vehicle, then typically the service cost would be less expensive than at a Lexus dealership. I've had our spark plugs and coolant changed at our local Toyota dealership. Its reduction in cost for the maintenance tasks were significant.

• 2 weeks later...

Thankyou Dave for your response.  I've had the vehicle nearly a year and don't recall hearing this straining sound.  I guess I'll just check with Toyota to see if they may be able diagnose the problem first. I bought it second hand which is why I'm trying to avoid the awesome Lexus fees if at all possible!