Electrical problem?? PLEASE HELP

I recently changed my gear shift box on my 1996 lexus ls400, after changing it i’ve had a few issues. first my speakers all went out except for the back right side door. secondly the car starts great and acts normal, but after a few minutes shuts off completely. driving feels normal then the car just shuts off, the lights stay on but the engine shuts if completely. sometimes before turning off the check engine light flashes on and off, as well as the “trac off” light. additionally while in park the speedometer starts moving up and down before the engine cuts off. i have no idea would it could be, if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated!

It seems like you’re dealing with multiple issues here. Let’s break them down:

1. Speakers: The issue with your speakers could be due to a problem with the wiring or the amplifier. It’s also possible that the speaker failure is related to the work done on the gear shift box, especially if any wiring was disturbed during the process.

2. Engine shutting off: This could be due to a variety of reasons. It could be a problem with the fuel delivery system, the ignition system, or even the engine control unit (ECU). A faulty speed sensor could cause the engine to shut off. It’s also possible that the problem is related to the transmission or speed sensors, especially considering the recent work on the gear shift box.

3. Check Engine and TRAC OFF lights: The flashing check engine light is usually a sign of a serious problem that should be addressed immediately. It’s often associated with engine misfires which can cause damage over time. The TRAC OFF light indicates that the traction control system is not actively engaged. This could be due to a problem with the system itself, or it could be a side effect of another issue, such as a problem with the engine or transmission.

4. Speedometer fluctuation: This could be due to a faulty speed sensor or a problem with the instrument cluster itself.

Given the complexity of these issues, I would recommend taking your car to a professional mechanic for a thorough diagnosis. They have the tools and expertise to accurately identify and fix these problems. Please remember that continuing to drive with these issues could potentially cause further damage to your vehicle. It’s best to get them addressed as soon as possible.