2004 RX330 2 issues- D light and cruise

The D light in the instrument cluster is out.  I cannot find any info on replacing the bulb.  I have been able to remove the instrument cluster and remove the cover to the circuit board, but can’t figure out how to get to the bulb.  I found instructions for the first gen RX but the 2004 isn’t the same.  

The second issue is cruise has stopped working.  The indicator light on the dash illuminates but it will not set.  

Any suggestions, etc. are greatly appreciated. 

Edited by HD75

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2024 at 12:47 PM, HD75 said:

The D light in the instrument cluster is out.  I cannot find any info on replacing the bulb.  I have been able to remove the instrument cluster and remove the cover to the circuit board, but can’t figure out how to get to the bulb.  I found instructions for the first gen RX but the 2004 isn’t the same.  

The second issue is cruise has stopped working.  The indicator light on the dash illuminates but it will not set.  

Any suggestions, etc. are greatly appreciated. 

1. Remove the Instrument Cluster:

• Remove the 2 screws at the top of the black bezel around the cluster.
    • Pull out the trim piece on the left of the steering wheel (the one housing the seat memory switch).
    • Pull out the trim piece around the key.
    • Tilt the steering wheel all the way down.
    • Start from the bottom and pull out the black bezel around the cluster.
    • Remove the 2 screws holding the cluster in place (located on the side of the cluster).
    • Pull the cluster out enough to unplug the 3 connectors.
    • Carefully remove the cluster from the car.
  2. Access the Bulb:

• Lay the cluster face down on a soft towel.
    • Remove the white plastic cover on the back by unscrewing the 8 gold-colored screws.
    • Turn the cluster over and locate the 3 black and 2 green little cap-looking things where the gear selector letters are.
    • These are the bulbs. Simply unscrew them to remove.
  3. Replace the Bulb:

• You may swap the park light bulb for the drive bulb, or you can order a new one in advance.
    • Put everything back together in reverse order.