Trying To Muy My 1st Lexus

I've been doing alot of research regarding the Lexus brand. After viewing this club for a few months and gathering information from mechanics as well ad Lexus owners in my area, I've decited to purchase a 1st generation Lexus. My budget is $5,200 My 4 interests are in order of importance.

1) 90-94 ls400

2)94-96 es300

3)92-95 sc300/400

4)91-95 Acura Legend

It's hard for me to find a ls400 in my area (New Jersey) that has extensive service records. My 3 questions are.

1)Is the sc300/400 more reliable than the above mentioned es300 and acura legend?? my mechanic has suggested that I buy an acura Legend instead of the es300 because of the es300 transmission problems.

2)I know that the ls400 is much better than the other 3 cars but in what order do you guys rate the other three cars?

3)Should I get the sc300/400 instead of the es300 if I can't find a good ls400?

any advice would seriously be appreciated. Please keep up the good work guys.

The cars you want are all different each with its pluses and minuses... It really depends on what you want and what your uses will be for the car.

As for the SC's being more reliable... all lexus's are reliable, as long as you take care of your car and do your preventative maintence when needed all of the cars you mention should make it at least until 200,000 miles.

I personally prefer the SC over all those, just because its the only one that came in manual transmission, and its potential to be really quick.

Im not a big fan of all the other cars but since you live in jersey too, you have to realize we have some crappy winters and rwd isn't fun in crappy conditions. if you ever plan on going out in snow, don't buy the SC or the LS400. The es300 and the legend will do fine in crappy weather.

If you like speed, then the sc300 would be the logicial choice, due to all the potential solutions to make it fast, but transplanting a 2JZ-GTE is more than just dropping in an engine. It's really not as simple as people make it seem. It's true that the motor mounts bolt right up, and the motor itself but there are tons of supporting modifications that must be made for the car to use it. It won't be cheap but its a great option if you plan on making the car a monster.