GX 460 Frame rust

My dealer just declared my 2010 GX 460 with 100,000 miles unsafe to drive due to frame rust and I should get a new car. What is Lexus doing about the rust problem and what are my options?

1. Contact Lexus directly: Reach out to Lexus customer service to discuss the issue. They may be able to provide more information or assistance, especially if this is a known issue with the model.

2. Second opinion: Consider getting a second opinion from another mechanic or dealership. They might have a different assessment of the rust issue.

3. Rust treatment: Some car owners have reported success in managing rust by applying rust-resistant coatings23. This could potentially extend the life of your vehicle’s frame if it can be repaired.

4. Legal advice: If you believe the rust issue is due to a manufacturing defect and it’s causing you significant financial burden, you might want to seek legal advice.

Remember, safety should always be your top priority. If the vehicle is deemed unsafe to drive, it’s important to consider that advice seriously. 

• Like 1