Replacing Starter On A ‘2002 Lexus ES 300

Tony Delauney

Hi Folks:

I need to replace the starter on my 2002 Lexus ES 300. My mechanic has quoted me a cost of $277 cost for a new OEM starter, not a remanufactured unit, with a lifetime guarantee. They will charge an additional $157 for labor, for a total price of $434.

Is this a reasonable cost to replace a starter in my ‘2002 Lexus ES 300? I would appreciate any feedback you can provide in response to my inquiry!

Thank you,

Tony Delauney

The cost to replace the starter on your 2002 Lexus ES 300 can vary depending on your location and the service provider. Here are some estimates:

• According to YourMechanic, the average cost for a Lexus ES300 Car Starter Repair is $241, with $146 for parts and $95 for labor.
  • RepairSmith estimates the cost for a 2002 Lexus ES300 starter replacement to be between $265 - $323.

Please note that these are just estimates and the actual cost may vary. It’s always a good idea to get a few quotes from different service providers to ensure you’re getting the best price.

16 hours ago, Tony Delauney said:

Hi Folks:

I need to replace the starter on my 2002 Lexus ES 300. My mechanic has quoted me a cost of $277 cost for a new OEM starter, not a remanufactured unit, with a lifetime guarantee. They will charge an additional $157 for labor, for a total price of $434.

Is this a reasonable cost to replace a starter in my ‘2002 Lexus ES 300? I would appreciate any feedback you can provide in response to my inquiry!

Thank you,

Tony Delauney

Thanks so much for your response! I elected to have my mechanic do the work, as we have been dealing with him for years! While perhaps not the most inexpensive shop in area, they have proven to be very honest overall with our repairs over many years!!

Thanks again,

Tony Delauney