93 Ls400 Cluster and Knock Sensor

hgarces

So I had just purchased a 93 ls400 with 188,000 miles. The only two major problems I'm having are that my tachometer and temperature gauge work but are off where they need to be, like my temperature gauge works but the needle is below the C on the gauge. Same with my rpm gauge, when the car is at an idle it moves slightly to indicate its idling but is below 0 on the rpm gauge. When the car is getting warm the needle will move, but not the accurate area of where it's supposed to be. I am also getting code #55 indicating knock sensor #2 failing, is there a quick guide or any help on how to replace this? If anyone has any tips or guides on how to fix these issues please inform me. Thank you.

Lexus LS400 instrument  gauge failed is a common problem which caused by transistor leak. My 1993 Lexus  LS400 (216000 miles) instrument repaired at about 150000 miles. I send it to

https://taninautoelectronix.com/product/1990-2000-lexus-ls400-instrument-cluster-repair/

or you can google search "Lexus LS400 instrument  gauge re[air service".

If you have skill to change transistor. You can search the parts on Ebay and DIY.

Replace knock sensor, you can reference the following link

https://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/31948-replace-knock-sensors/

I change knock sensor when I replace my starter. It is not difficult, but it need remove the intake manifold and take time. when you change it, you'd better change your starter at the same time. I changed my starter around 190000 miles.