Hands free phone not working

We've owned the car (RX350) for 6 years and never had any issues with our phones working over Bluetooth. Lately, anytime we receive or make a call the voice is hit or miss. We can hear the person on the other end but they can't hear us. At times they hear us for a moment. Other times they can hear us but they say we sound far away. Then other times they can't hear us at all when they answer our call.

Anyone had a similar experience and if so what was done to fix it.

Have you tried with another Bluetooth telephone?

It could be a problem with the Bluetooth version in it. A 2017 RX should have a recent Bluetooth version and function well. The little CT we have is same age and handsfree communication is great. Use phones with Android 13 now, but have even had an old Galaxy Note 4 phone with Android 6 functioning.

3 phones are linked to the Lexus. 1 Android & 2 iPhones. It is the same problem with them all. I've deleted and added them back, but still have the problem. It's probably a hardware problem with the car. I just wanted to find out if others have experienced this and if repaired how costly it was.

• 7 months later...

Have you figured out a solution yet? Was just at the dealer and they were no help. Bluetooth works completely fine for music/podcasts, etc... but not the phone - people say I'm cutting in and out. Using iPhone 10 - and 2015 Lexus 350. Worked great for 8 years and now not.