Lexus OEM door edge guards

coastk9

Just purchased and tried installing the Lexus OEM door edge guards. They come with all 4 guards, and labeled for each of the 4 specific doors. I am having a heck of a time installing, and I'm very good with tools and YOTA life! The issue is that I do utilize the instructions, and the templates, and the points to strike with a rubber mallet. HOWEVER, and I've only started on the driver's door....the stainless steel guards do not grasp the door edge, and immediately fall off. I have tried a few things...painters tape to hold guard on door, making sure that I lightly strike the mallet perpendicular to the guard and the door edge. Also, that the guard is in the correct location AND the wider (larger?) edge is on the outer part of the door (that would be the side of the guard with the curl in). I've spoken with Lexus dealer. No one seems to have experience with these Lexus door guards. Yet dealer parts guys say they sell a good deal of them. Though no one there has any experience either in the bays or parts. Any experience would be helpful please. I really appreciate you folks!