Buzz Noise

UTC San Diego

It may be a small metalic kindda noise. The noise itself is not that loud. My Lexus was fairly quiet before this, and I noticed this noise when I idle or start the car in last few days. My area was raining hard for last few weeks and I just wonder if that has something to do with it. Maybe not.

I just drove the car this evening and the sound came from front almost like from behind the main panel. Also, the engine idle sound not smooth now. RPM is stable but engine sounds like "Bbb...Bbb...Bbb...Bbb..." BTW, what if I don't replace the heat shield or air filter? What would happen to the car?

When you say "main panel"- do you mean the "firewall"?

Also- just wondering- you said your car had "very high mileage". Just wondering as to what your exact mileage is....

I know that Blake and I had two of the higher mileage LS's here. Mine had 235K and his had around 238K last time I heard.

I just drove the car this evening and the sound came from front almost like from behind the main panel. Also, the engine idle sound not smooth now. RPM is stable but engine sounds like "Bbb...Bbb...Bbb...Bbb..." BTW, what if I don't replace the heat shield or air filter? What would happen to the car?

Sounds kinda like a very small diesel engine?