Can You Prevent Stone Chips?

a clear bra would definately work

there is also a clear material (sticker type) that will ahear to any part of your car, ie....headlights, bumper, ect......you cut it to the shape you need and apply.....it will protect any part of the car from rock chips, bugs ect..........

i can't remember the company that makes it, give me some time and i'll post the

website

here is one kit made by 3M, but there are many others

http://www.clearmask.com/aboutourkits.htm

~One man’s opinion / observations~

Paint Saving (Clear Plastic Shield):

A clear, protective shield is excellent at protecting painted areas more prone to chips and scratches (door sills, front of the hood, etc). Simply cut the desired size, apply positioning spray to the surface, move the cut shield into place, then squeegee out the Positioning Spray.

An instant clear shield that protects your paint, use it on front ends, along door edges, around tire wells, inside doorjambs, along doorsills, painted bumpers or jambs, peel it off at any time and the paint will still look brand new, available in three widths, 4", 2', 3/8" x 12 mils thick. (Groit's PN 77890) Note- do not use on plastic bumpers or repainted surfaces.

Another company worth looking into for this type product is Expel

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted [each one / teach one]

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ JonM

~One man’s opinion / observations~

Paint Saving (Clear Plastic Shield):

A clear, protective shield is excellent at protecting painted areas more prone to chips and scratches (door sills, front of the hood, etc). Simply cut the desired size, apply positioning spray to the surface, move the cut shield into place, then squeegee out the Positioning Spray.

An instant clear shield that protects your paint, use it on front ends, along door edges, around tire wells, inside doorjambs, along doorsills, painted bumpers or jambs, peel it off at any time and the paint will still look brand new, available in three widths, 4", 2', 3/8" x 12 mils thick. (Groit's PN 77890) Note- do not use on plastic bumpers or repainted surfaces.

Another company worth looking into for this type product is Expel

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted [each one / teach one]

:D I did quite a bit of research on the clear bras and found that the Xpel film is by far the best; lifetime warranty., clearest film, no orange peel and the fit is very good. Many of these systems use a high number of pieces to make installation easier but it clearly shows.

I have it installed on my SC 430 (midnight pine pearl) and LS 430 black onyx). I t invisible from about 5 feet and beyond. Any closer and you can see the edge but on light colors it is even less visible. Great investment but not cheap.

I have it installed on my SC 430 (midnight pine pearl) and LS 430 black onyx). I t invisible from about 5 feet and beyond. Any closer and you can see the edge but on light colors it is even less visible. Great investment but not cheap.

if i owned a new 430, there is NO doubt i would spend the money for this kind of protection

you have any pics of this installed on either one of your cars?

there is also a clear material (sticker type) that  will ahear to any part of your car, ie....headlights, bumper, ect......you cut it to the shape you need and apply.....it will protect any part of the car from rock chips, bugs ect..........

website

I thank you all. Just bought the "Clear Mask" from 3M. Expensive ($159.70) ;)

there is also a clear material (sticker type) that  will ahear to any part of your car, ie....headlights, bumper, ect......you cut it to the shape you need and apply.....it will protect any part of the car from rock chips, bugs ect..........

website

Thats the clear bra I was talking about LOL

website

Thats the clear bra I was talking about LOL

Careful with the 3M film; it has quite a bit of orange peel and in time it yellows and only carries a 5 year warranty. B)