Lowering Of The Gsxxx's

Hey everyone.. been away for a little while but I have been meaning to ask the members a question regarding the lowering of my GS300. I currently have my 20" Bersaglio/Lowenhart wheels on there and I AM goint to lower it but I was standing back looking at my car a cpl weeks ago and was asking myself "hmmmmm, do I really want to lower it all the way around???"

I'll give my reasoning for this question 1st then I will insert the pics.

For the simplest of applications I am going to go with a set of Eibach pro kit lowering springs, which drops the car 1"F and 1.1"R But I was looking at the front, which needs the 1" drop tremendously, but the back pretty much already sits right on top of the wheel with maybe a 1" gap already.

Im thinking that if I install all 4 springs the front will look great but the rear may look a little to low.

My question is has anyone installed ONLY the front lowering springs on their GS? I know it doesnt sound sane but just looking at it from a overall appearance perspective I think it would sit pretty nice.

1st pic: This one looks like the car is about to pull a wheel stand to me.

redE2takeoff2.jpg

2nd pic: Back right tire which sits pretty nice w/ no drop.

backright.jpg

3rd. pic: WOW... Now I know how girls feel when we look up their skirts... It needs to come down bad..... :unsure:

upskirt1.jpg

I dont know if I am just having stage frieght or what but I just dont want to have the car sitting and looking nice in the front and look like I have a saggy diaper in the rear.. lol.. Feedback please.... also if someone has any pics of GS's w/ 20's sitting on a set of Eibachs.

Thanks in advance people.

ps.. by the way.. these are the wheels that I will be getting rid of soon...

DDBrown

Looks are deceiving

The fenders have to be higher in the front to allow the rim to turn.

Changing one set of springs makes the car unbalanced as their is 2 spring rates causing it to jump up and down in the back while the front would be more solid

I agree on the difference in the spring rates, that is a very good point that I didnt think about on this car. I guess I will have to lower the car all around and maybe look beyond springs to get the ride height that I want.

I do know that front wheel wells are cut higher but that does not mean the gap between it and the wheel cannot be the same in the front as it is in the rear. That is the overall idea and design of lowering kits.

I just dont want to install a set of springs on the car and have it sit too low in the rear, thats why I am looking for options and feedback.

I agree on the difference in the spring rates, that is a very good point that I didnt think about on this car.  I guess I will have to lower the car all around and maybe look beyond springs to get the ride height that I want. 

I do know that front wheel wells are cut higher but that does not mean the gap between it and the wheel cannot be the same in the front as it is in the rear.  That is the overall idea and design of lowering kits. 

I just dont want to install a set of springs on the car and have it sit too low in the rear, thats why I am looking for options and feedback.

I got a set of Tanabe NF210 springs and they lower the car 1.5"f/1.0"r, might want to take a look at those instead of the Eibachs. I know Tanabe also has GF210 springs which are more performance oriented and lower the car 1.8"f/1.3"r :P

hmmmmmm... now see this is what I want to hear... options...

Do you have any pics of your ride? I would like to see what it looks like.

Also do you have 20"'s on your car?

If so how does it ride? (I'm sure its kinda rough with that much of a drop)

thanks for the info.

hmmmmmm... now see this is what I want to hear... options...

Do you have any pics of your ride?  I would like to see what it looks like.

Also do you have 20"'s on your car?

If so how does it ride?  (I'm sure its kinda rough with that much of a drop) 

thanks for the info.

Actually, I haven't installed the springs yet. :D Im waiting till spring to install these with my bilstein sport shocks. Currently, im looking for a 19" staggered setup for my car (19x8.5f and 19x9.5 or 10 rear). I have a friend with 19" setup on his GS4 with the Tanabe GF210 springs...just PM and i'll email a picture to you.

• 3 weeks later...