Please Help!

I have searched the forum and not been able to find this specific problem. I have water spots on the black plastic piece of frame between the front and rear windows (exterior) on my RX300. I have tried several cleaners and not been able to remove them. They look make it look really old and awful. Any suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks, William

I have searched the forum and not been able to find this specific problem.  I have water spots on the black plastic piece of frame between the front and rear windows (exterior) on my RX300.  I have tried several cleaners and not been able to remove them.  They look make it look really old and awful.  Any suggestions would really be appreciated.  Thanks, William

~One man’s opinion / observations~

Once you removed the water spots as best you can (try an abrasive polish and #0000 synthetic teel wool) and then re-dye the surface with a permanent dye. This procedure is only for black trim.

Use a Forever Black Kit to restore a dark, black finish on sun-faded or bleached vinyl, rubber or plastic mouldings and bumpers. Forever Black will completely cover the worst wax stains or sun-faded trim with a finish that will not wash off. The Forever Black Kit contains 4 oz. of Cleaner Concentrate and 4 oz. of Forever Black Dye

·Start by applying the cleaner concentrate to a sponge or cloth and wiping the trim. This removes any silicones or oils on the surface.

·Next apply a coating of Forever Back Dye using the shoe-dauber type applicator on the bottle. This dye is designed to bond to vinyl, rubber and plastic. It will not permanently adhere to glass, chrome or paintwork. If you happen to get dye on paintwork or glass, use a damp cloth to wipe it off. If dye should dry on paintwork or glass, it is easily removed with a tar remover. Forever Black Dye will permanently stain cloth so wear old clothing or an apron when applying the dye. Forever Black Dye dries in 5 to 20 minutes. No buffing is required.

·One application is typically enough to cover most stains. A second application may be required to cover severely stained or sun faded mouldings. Wait 30 minutes between coats.

After treatment, I recommend protecting the trim with 303 Aerospace Protectant. Spray 303 on a cloth or applicator pad and give the trim a quick once over.

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted [each one / teach one]

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ JonM

Try searching the www.autopia.org forums. And you might pose that question there. Some of those guys are professional detailers and really love difficult detailing problems.