speaker repair

Frank DUva

I noticed I had a damaged speaker one day while driving the other day, a loud distorted sound when the volume was very low. I figured a blown speaker from deteriorated cone suspension foam. I've heard a lot about it from reading the past forums. I looked into replacing the speaker with new original ML speakers but to costly. I want to keep the car as original as
I can, so I didn't really want replacement speakers. I saw a repair kit from Simply Speakers, while researching possibilities. I bought the kit which was recommended for ML SC430 door speakers. I removed the blown passenger door speaker and noticed some of the foam surround fall out while removing the door panel. As expected, the surround foam was detached from the cone and some missing. I removed the speaker and followed the directions to replace the suspension foam and it wasn't that difficult. I reinstalled the speaker and it sounded great at full volume after letting the adhesive cure for 24 hrs. The kit comes with foam surrounds for (2) 6 x 9 's. (2) of the 3 in. and one for the subwoofer. The door panel removal can be found on You Tube. Very worth the effort

20230606_075319.jpg

20230605_104900.jpg

20230605_104719.jpg