How To Clean Leather Seats

EnDLesS

Dear LX Enthusiast:

Im having problem with my LX leather seat, after now almost going to 8 years all the beige/ tan leather seems filthy-dirty (dark spot )

Now does anyone of you know that whats the right chemicals to bring up to new?

or at least to give new looks?

PS: Any good Brand out there that you guys recommended for tan leather seats?

:blink:

That's how I look after trying to read one of your post :D .

I've heard some real good things on one of the landcruiser forums about a product called leatherique (go to leatherique.com). I haven't tried it cause it runs about $50 a bottle and my seats aren't in bad shape yet. They have a product for cleaning and removing all the salts and deposits in the leather and a conditioner that supposed to soften the leather back to like new. Talk to the lady about how best to apply. Seems like I recall that you apply the cleaner and then cover the leather with plastic bags and park the truck in the hot sun with the windows up. I believe that helps bring the grime to the surface and you then wipe it clean.

DougJohn may have tried it and can chime in. On second thought... he probably Rhino-lined his :lol:

:cheers:

Rookie

That's how I look after trying to read one of your post :D .

I've heard some real good things on one of the landcruiser forums about a product called leatherique (go to leatherique.com). I haven't tried it cause it runs about $50 a bottle and my seats aren't in bad shape yet. They have a product for cleaning and removing all the salts and deposits in the leather and a conditioner that supposed to soften the leather back to like new. Talk to the lady about how best to apply. Seems like I recall that you apply the cleaner and then cover the leather with plastic bags and park the truck in the hot sun with the windows up. I believe that helps bring the grime to the surface and you then wipe it clean.

DougJohn may have tried it and can chime in. On second thought... he probably Rhino-lined his :lol:

:cheers:

Rookie

I'd use Lexol cleaner then conditioner. Though after 8 eyars of neglect, you will notice the dirt was in cracks. Apply with your hands. Using a cloth just absorbs all the nutrients.

DougJohn may have tried it and can chime in.  On second thought... he probably Rhino-lined his  :lol:

Hey!!! :D

No, I haven't Rhino-lined the seat...yet...

I haven't tried leatherique, but was going to suggest it. I read the same posts as Rookie did. I also saw and felt the end result of one of these leatherique jobs. I thought a buddy of mine had his seats reupholstered or had new seats -- turned out he did the 2 stage leatherique cleaning process on them. The leather was amazingly soft and supply and looked brand new. It was amazing!

So...I haven't used the stuff, but based on what I saw as the end result, it's the only way to go. I will be purchasing some of the stuff though. I'll treat the wife's leather and if there's any left over, I'll do mine (hers is still way prettier than mine and I'd like to keep it that way).

so that's my 2 cents...

Rhino-lined... :rolleyes: :D