Opinions On The Rx Line

RickC

Hi all,

I am new to Lexus, but seriously considering purchasing a RX330. I love the look and the available options on these vehicles. Will you current owners share your opinions on the RX line with me? I would like to know about the cars reliability, paint quality, interior quality, squeeks, rattles, and any other general comments both positive and negative.

Thanks for your time.

RickC

i do not own a rx

but it is the first lexus ever made outside of japan

in Cambridge , Ontario , Canada

they are extremly strict on product control

white gloves even for chasiss installation

they vacum and clean the windows of all cars even though they are already clean

workers cannot wear deoderant rings and watches must have special protectors for them

real tight ship

If u're gonna plan to buy this car

might as well get it now, cuz i heard that anything before september will be from Japan

afterwards, all RX330 is produced here in Canada.

You can probably check the VIN number to make sure

In a way yes...

workers are different, but if they keep up with the same requirements, it should be fine.

Just look at the toyotas that are build in Canada, it's one of the best plants in NA...

Also, considering that Lexus produce high quality cars, i'm sure they will want to live up to it. They probably want to cut some cost in shipping from oversea when they have the resource and space to build it here and to cope with the demand...

actually it may just be political propaganda

but they are doing everything possible to make this an exact replica and even more stringent on the assembly line to dispare that type of thinking

but i can't blame you

i am not sure if the follow the morning team workouts that lexus in japan does

but hey white gloves to put a tire on that seems like total overkill

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I bought the car and we love it. Black with Ivory interior, with the Mark Levinson/DVD and rear entertainment system.

I love playing with the Nav system, it's way cool.

We have owned a 2003 RX 300 for about a month - so far, so good. Runs very quietly, handles more like a car than a truck (or big SUV), fits and finish are very good, controls and gages are well positioned, good visability all around.

We got it to tow a small boat, a task which it handles very well.

Big reasons are of course, Lexus' legendary customer service and the brand's reputation for quality.

As I said, so far, so good. Ask again in 3 years...

I purchased the 2004 RX 330 2 months ago and am LOVING it! Had a Grand Cherokee previously and find that the Lexus drives much smoother, more like a car rather than a truck. Corners beautifully, handles well and looks great. I bought the package with the extra large moon roof. One problem though. When the moonroof is open half way, it rattles. Am having the dealership look into it. They say its because the cables are tight when roof is all the way open and also when its all the way closed but at the half way mark, the cable has some slack in it and causes the rattle. I'm not satisfied with the answer, so hope they come up with a solution! Other than that, its fantastic.