Interior Opener For Rear Hatch

bfh

Am I not looking correctly, or is the only way to unlock the rear hatch on my 2004 330 is using the key? Thanks.

I should have clarified, this being my first Lexus. It is an RX 330. SW03ES said there was not one, and I think he's right. I would definitely think this would be a feature Lexus should put on future models and don't understand the reason it's not available now.

Thanks

isn't there a release in the cockpit?

on the GS and IS it is by the fuel cap releases.

Yea, its right to the left of the steering wheel, near the gas release button. (its the same size - big black button)

Mike

EDIT: OOPS SORRY. I thought you meant the button to open the rear hatch. I thought that feature was standard on all 330's and misunderstood the question.

Okay, I felt so bad for you so I decided to grab my digi camera and took some pic for you from my mom's ES330

Here is the button you should be pushing in order to open your trunk It's located on your left hand side right next to the GAS OPENER.

image01.jpg

And if you tried pushing the that button and your trunk still doesn't pop open. Then it's probably disabled. To enable it, there is a button inside your glove compartment. Push this putton Once and it will enable the feature of opening your trunk from the button inside of car. Once you enable it, go back and push the first putton near the GAS OPENER and your trunk should pop open.

image02.jpg

Good Luck

hello.gif- Robert woohoo.gif

I don't believe the RX330 has a release for the hatch unless it has the power door option. If it has the power door option there is a button underneath that little cover on the left hand side next to the mirror controls.

The hatch will unlock when all the doors are unlocked though.

Okay, I felt so bad for you so I decided to grab my digi camera and took some pic for you from my mom's ES330

Here is the button you should be pushing in order to open your trunk It's located on your left hand side right next to the GAS OPENER.

image01.jpg

And if you tried pushing the that button and your trunk still doesn't pop open. Then it's probably disabled.  To enable it, there is a button inside your glove compartment. Push this putton Once and it will enable the feature of opening your trunk from the button inside of car.  Once you enable it, go back and push the first putton near the GAS OPENER and your trunk should pop open.

image02.jpg

Good Luck

hello.gif- Robert woohoo.gif

He has a RX330! And the switch is not in the same place as yours.!

SW03ES Has it correct......

Quote (Booyah,Oct 27 2004, 11:47 AM)

He has a RX330!  And the switch is not in the same place as yours.! 

SW03ES Has it correct......

Well at least i'm helping, I took pictures and pin point it. Okay so SW03ES is correct like you mention.

Okay I tried helping but gave out wrong info Sorry, I guess i'm gonna remove those pictures.

- Robert :(

Something I noticed just this last week on my 330 is that if all of the doors are unlocked, you can open it from the outside by just pulling on the handle of the hatch, or by pushing the button in the pix above.

The key is that all the doors have to be unlocked. There are computer codes that can be altered to make this a one-button vs. a two-button procedure.

Am I not looking correctly, or is the only way to unlock the rear hatch on my 2004 330 is using the key?  Thanks.

I should have clarified, this being my first Lexus. It is an RX 330. SW03ES said there was not one, and I think he's right.  I would definitely think this would be a feature Lexus should put on future models and don't understand the reason it's not available now.

Thanks

there is a release in the front to the left of the steering wheel. all 4 doors need to be open for this 2 work