Just Bought A 93 Sc400

ot180

Like the title says i just got an SC400. Its a 93 with 70k miles. I got it from a friend who had it just sitting in her garage for months at a time. The only problems it has is the passenger seat is fully forward. Im assuming the motor is out. If anyone has any advice on how to fix it and where to find a motor. Lexus wanted 1900 dollars for parts and labor. Theres no way im gonna pay that. There is also a very small leak in the AC somewhere. I will post pics ASAP. Any advice on where to get these parts new or used would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Seth

You may want to try www.taprecycling.com. They part out SC's. I have a 93' and my seat motor is fine. I dont think that's a common problem with these. Yours may just be a fluke. Maybe it came disconnected or something. I cant see the motor wearing out with such low mileage. I would definately pull that seat and make sure it's all hooked-up. It may be that switch along the bottom. If that goes the motor never gets the message to move.