Rx400h Due In March

RX400h

I just got off the phone with the Lexus salesman who handled our deposit many months ago. Here's what he and I know at this point:

1. First RX400hs due in March

2. 268 HP, 36MPG City and 31 MPG Highway

3. No brochures have been sent to dealers yet, so options are primarily unknown.

4. The waiting lists have become so large that this dealership has stopped taking deposits for new spots.

5. The AWD model will have 2 electric motors; whether there will be a single motor, 2-wheel drive version is unknown

As I mentioned before - according to Car & Driver magazine, Toyota is stockpiling parts and assemblies so that Dealerships will have a decent supply. My guess is that my dealership will get 5 RXs per month.

With regular gas hovering at $2.40 per gallon here in San Diego, the RX400h won't get here a minute TOO soon! :cheers:

I just got off the phone with the Lexus salesman who handled our deposit many months ago. Here's what he and I know at this point:

1. First RX400hs due in March

2. 268 HP, 36MPG City and 31 MPG Highway

3. No brochures have been sent to dealers yet, so options are primarily unknown.

4. The waiting lists have become so large that this dealership has stopped taking deposits for new spots.

5. The AWD model will have 2 electric motors; whether there will be a single motor, 2-wheel drive version is unknown

As I mentioned before - according to Car & Driver magazine, Toyota is stockpiling parts and assemblies so that Dealerships will have a decent supply. My guess is that my dealership will get 5 RXs per month.

With regular gas hovering at $2.40 per gallon here in San Diego, the RX400h won't get here a minute TOO soon!  :cheers:

WOW :o makes me wana ask my dealer if i can start and put my waiting list on a Hybrid Gx (well it'll eventually be on the Gx someday, right? :whistles: ) :D

WOW :o makes me wana ask my dealer if i can start and put my waiting list on a Hybrid Gx (well it'll eventually be on the Gx someday, right?:whistles: ) :D

It wouldn't hurt to ask, that's for sure!

Toyota/Lexus really have a good headstart compared to the rest of the competition.

I was just reading another article about the RX400h that suggested that Lexus is worried that it will take away sales from the RX330. For this reason, the author predicted that Lexus will load up the 400h with tons of features as standard equipment and charge $45K.

The funny thing is that Honda just released a hybrid Accord that gets better gas milage than a Civic and is faster than the Accord V-6 flagship. The Accord Hybrid is rated at 30/37 city/highway, while the 4-cylinder Accord's is 24/34. The amazing thing is that the hybrid version does 0-60 in 6.7 seconds!

So, why is Honda not concerned that the Accord hybrid will take away sales from the Accord V6 gas version? I feel that eventually, the hybrids will replace the gas-only versions, especially if gas prices stay at or exceed their presently astronomical heights. For now, there will always be those who want the most features for the dollar, regardless of gas milage.

the 400 h will be in showrooms sometime in march. It will offer v8 PERFORMANCE. The gas engine is used to start the car and then will kick in at 40 mph. The thing is if you are heavy on the pedal the gas engine kicks in right away. It may get 36mpg it may get the same as the rx 330. they real selling point is how enviromentally friendly it is. the dealers will only get 15 or so per month. they will come with the navigation pkg. facts ..

3.3 V6 as used in the rx

270 hp

123 kw front drive electric motor

50 kw rear drive electric motor {awd}

gas engine engine automatically shuts offs when car stops{depending on battery charge and climate settings}

2 planetary gears for power split and gear reduction

smooth acceleration without gearshift shock