Replacing The Lexus Radio

Nova

I was planning on installing a DVD player into my Lexus and since the DVD player is also a radio/CD player. I wanted to replace the Lexus radio with my DVD Player (I already know that I'll have to get the dash fit kit).

But there is someone telling me that if I replaced the Lexus radio with my DVD Player, I will not be able to use the Lexus AMP or the Lexus speakers with the DVD player. Since this didn't sound right to me... I decided to ask a wide audience for opinions and advice :) . So what do you guys/gals think?

Thanks.

You''ll lose your subwoofer amp but it should work unless the DVD player isn't preamplified. If it's not preamplified then yeah, that sounds right. If you're going to replace the stock HU you might as well replace amps and speakers while you're at it...you'll definitely hear the difference.

• 1 year later...

I temporarily replaced the head unit of my 92 LS 400 with a Pioneer unit. All the speakers worked except for the subwoofer. You supposedly need a special part for that but someone told me it was on backorder and I never heard back. A few months later, I put the original head unit back in in order to sell the vehicle. I have the fit kit & wire harness if anyone wants it. The wire harness is spliced for a Pioneer head unit but you can take the wires off the Pioneer harness and use for any other. I think the fit kit cost me $50, the wire harness costs $16.95. Make an offer!

Mike