Fitment Of Wheels - Please Help

I am thinking of buying a set of chromies for my sc300..

they are by the company "STERN" has anybody ever heard of those? are they alright quality-wise? they look nice. they say the will fit sc300 but i would just like to double check.

there are two 18x8.5 in front and two 18x9.5 in rear.

they have 5X114.3 bolt pattern and offests are 25mm in front anf 35mm in rear.

please help me out. thanks a lot guys i appreciate it

Those are pretty aggressive offsets for the SC. I know that those won't fit on my GS without fender modifications and the fronts would need some help from the camber settings.

The SCs may have a little more room but I don't think that much. Hopefully someone with an SC can confirm but I would not get these yet if I were you until more info becomes available.

it will fit a stock suspension sc as i had offsets of 27 on front and rear (just to try them) but they rubbed nasty when i lowered the car. The preferred offsets are 35-45mm. Might have to go w/ a stretched tire also (little smaller sized) like 235 & 255 tires.

it will fit a stock suspension sc as i had offsets of 27 on front and rear (just to try them) but they rubbed nasty when i lowered the car.  The preferred offsets are 35-45mm.  Might have to go w/ a stretched tire also (little smaller sized) like 235 & 255 tires.

I was concerned about the rubbing. Are you planning not to lower the car then? If you are dropping it and +27 rubbed badly, the +25 (although only 2mm) will be worse. Going stretched and staying with the same series (I assume) will make the wheel diameter smaller causing slight problems with the speedo and odo. Usually people have problems with the aftermarket wheels a bit larger than spec. You will have the reverse problem.

I hope these wheels look totally hot for you to push the limits like this.

it will fit a stock suspension sc as i had offsets of 27 on front and rear (just to try them) but they rubbed nasty when i lowered the car.  The preferred offsets are 35-45mm.  Might have to go w/ a stretched tire also (little smaller sized) like 235 & 255 tires.

I was concerned about the rubbing. Are you planning not to lower the car then? If you are dropping it and +27 rubbed badly, the +25 (although only 2mm) will be worse. Going stretched and staying with the same series (I assume) will make the wheel diameter smaller causing slight problems with the speedo and odo. Usually people have problems with the aftermarket wheels a bit larger than spec. You will have the reverse problem.

I hope these wheels look totally hot for you to push the limits like this.

Thanks for all the help you guys have given me. What if i put low profile tires on them? And when you speak of rubbing, rubbing against what my brakes or my fender, or both? The picture below are the wheels. Take a look, click to enlarge. I wouldn't personally choose chrome wheels but I got a good deal on them and they are nice, I like them.

post-13512-1098297480_thumb.jpg