Key W/remote

justinh03

I just bought my wife an RX300 and we got the original key with the remote on it but the housing is busted and we need to get another one. Other than playing the e-bay game and maybe getting what i need does anyone know any other sources? I am trying to avoid the dealer at all costs on this one.

Just to let you know what the dealer charges, I just got my car and it only came with one remote key so part of the deal was the dealer,(not a lexus dealer) get me another key. I had to take the car to a lexus dealer and show proof that the car was mine. Paid $182 and change,then go back the next week to pick it up and have it programed.

Jeff

You won't be able to get the new key anywhere but a Lexus dealer. DO NOT LOSE the broken key!!! They'll need that to program the new key. The dealer will order a new laser cut key from Lexus using your VIN number and then program the key using your old broken one.

I went thru this not too long ago! I can't remember what it all cost me (new key / program the key / drive to the dealer twice) but it wasn't cheap!!