Newbie Question About Es300 Wires/cap

Capk

Did a search ...but with 91k on my 1992 ES300  would wires, cap & rotor replacement be a good idea? Are NGK replacement wires, etc.?  Best source?

Definitely a good idea to change these components, especially if they were never changed before.

NGK is a reliable name in Japanese ignition products, so I would say yes. Check what your local dealer sells these parts for and then check on the internet. Most likely they'll be cheaper on the internet, but then you have to consider shipping charges.

NOOOOOOOOO, NGK spark plugs are good.

but their wires are pure crap stick to OEM or a real performance company for aftermarket ones.

I disagee! NGK makes 2 grades of spark plug wires. I was talking about their "Racing Grade" of wires, not the "Premium Grade". A set of the "Racing Grade" wires costs about $167.00, whereas the "Premium Grade" costs about $86.00. You probably haven't seen the "Racing Grade" wires because most automobile supply companies don't stock them due to the cost. <_<

Did you gather from this post he wanted racing grade wires?

I gathered that he questioned NGK wires, and nothing was said about the grade of wires.

High Performance NGK "Blue" Spark Plug Wire sets. NGK wires are manufactured to the specific dimensions of OEM wires for a perfect fit. Additionally, each individual NGK wire is labeled for the particular cylinder number for virtually fool-proof installation. NGK wires have a lower resistance than conventional carbon core wires (8k ohm/meter vs. 16k ohm/meter). This means more power and longer life than your stock wires!

I can respect your opinion on certain things, but not all. :whistles:

No worries. As long as we are all respectful of opions their is never going to be a problem.

I am speaking from real world testing of same car with OEM 12 year old wires then using NGK blues then a new set of OEM's .

Can you guess which ones worked better and which was the worst for performance and gas milage ?

OEM new then OEM 12 years old then NGK by default of their being nothing else to be worse.

I also have a tester for spark plug wires for visual. I have posted pics before with it and it 100% shows the crap wires using garbage doping materials to provided noise reduction of frequecies is so much it chokes the wire beyond its needs.

2 different cars 92 ES300 and an 89 civic

I stand by it ,NGK are crap not worth a dime . OEM or a real performance comapany

Did you gather from this post he wanted racing grade wires?

I gathered that he questioned NGK wires, and nothing was said about the grade of wires.

But you already said that no one's likely to find the NGK racing wires unless they set out looking for them. If he's mentioning NGK, he's almost certainly referring to the standard grade.

My advice on stuff like this is simple:

If you're interested in tweaking and spending time learning about alternatives and heavily researching all the options, things like racing wires might make sense (although it's probably not going to be a huge difference for most people).

If you're just looking to drive your car and want to perform normal maintenance, stick with Lexus parts. By the time you've researched the different brands enough to make an intelligent decision, you've got so much invested that the modest price savings are inconsequential.