Windshield Washer Pump

bigtinyd

G'day,

Can anybody suggest a good place (online or otherwise) to get a new\used w-shield washer pump? Almost sure mine needs to be replaced.

Anyone replace this part recently? Expensive?

Is this one I can do at the dealer for reasonable cost?

• 1 year later...
are you sure the pump is out........most likley when no water comes out it is a clogged sprayer......

you can just put a needle or equivelent in the little hole and clean it out a bit...

good luck

I just came across the same problem on 1999 LS400, the fuse is good, tried to clean the sprayers, didn`t help. The thing is, when I press the washer button, it doesn`t make any sound, I think the pump should make some kind of sound when it is working.

G'day,

Can anybody suggest a good place (online or otherwise) to get a new\used w-shield washer pump? Almost sure mine needs to be replaced.

Anyone replace this part recently? Expensive?

Is this one I can do at the dealer for reasonable cost?

I'm not sure about the 1991, but my 98 had a problem and I took it to Midas and they found the rubber connection to the little spray nozzles under the hood came loose. Check that and the spray nozzles to make sure they're not clogged.

• 2 weeks later...

If the pump is dead for certain, my advice is buy the pump from Lexus dealer (costs about $60 vs $25 for a generic one at Autozone) and get it installed by a local mechanic. It is not a big job. Once undercover is removed, it can be accessed on the front driver side right next to the wheel. The pump is a snap in at the bottom of the washer tank. For about $100 you can get the job done.

If the pump is dead for certain, my advice is buy the pump from Lexus dealer (costs about $60 vs $25 for a generic one at Autozone) and get it installed by a local mechanic. It is not a big job. Once undercover is removed, it can be accessed on the front driver side right next to the wheel. The pump is a snap in at the bottom of the washer tank. For about $100 you can get the job done.

Hello guys, earlier I posted that a washer pump on my 1999 LS wasn`t working, I already ordered the pump(was going to work on it myself) on newlexusparts.com and got it in mail and then discovered that the washer works back again(no repairs done).I don`t know what the problem was, maybe very low temperature, although it is still 20-30. Anyway, thanks for good advise, guys. I will try to sell the pump I don`t need on Ebay.