Trunk Actuator Button Missing

elazar

Heres a strange problem for you:

I have a 1994 ES300 which for some reason is missing the trunk actuator button. This is the little button in the glove box which allows you to disable the trunk release button on the drivers side door. It seems the previous owner of my car had replaced the glove box(the car was in a minor accident when he had it, and the airbag deployed, this could be why) and got rid of the button all together. My question is, where is the location of the wire harness that the button attaches to? If someone could help me with this, it would be much appreciated. The best would be if someone has a diagram from a repair manual.

Thanks,

Elazar

I have a 1994 ES300 which for some reason is missing the trunk actuator button. This is the little button in the glove box which allows you to disable the trunk release button on the drivers side door. It seems the previous owner of my car had replaced the glove box(the car was in a minor accident when he had it, and the airbag deployed, this could be why) and got rid of the button all together. My question is, where is the location of the wire harness that the button attaches to? If someone could help me with this, it would be much appreciated. The best would be if someone has a diagram from a repair manual.

Thanks,

Elazar

If you're looking for the harness that had the wires to the trunk lock out switch, it's probably behind the glove box. You have to remove the inside lining of the glove box to retrieve these wires. If that switch was removed, they had to join the two wires together to allow the release button on the drivers side to actuate the trunk release mechanism.

Thanks,

Elazar

If you're looking for the harness that had the wires to the trunk lock out switch, it's probably behind the glove box. You have to remove the inside lining of the glove box to retrieve these wires. If that switch was removed, they had to join the two wires together to allow the release button on the drivers side to actuate the trunk release mechanism.

Exactly my problem, the driver side door button does not work. I looked behind the glove box(stick my head underneath it, behind the dash) but I couldn't find anything that was disconnected.