Gas Grade For 99 G3

Hello fellow G3 owner. I am wonder what is the lowest grade of gas that i can use in my 99 g3 with out doing damage. Also if anyone has had good luck with a particular manufacturer (mobile, Shell ect) i would like to know. Thanks in advance.

Hey and Welcome,

I use mobil premium with a fuel injector cleaner every other tank or so. The owners manual recomends 91 or higher, I believe. You don't really need to use a fuel injector cleaner with mobil gas as it has techron. The higher grades just have more techron. :P

Does anyone know anything about running 110 race fuel?Ive heard of some guys mixing 50/50 with 94.Sounds Dangerous to me.

110 race fuel is a waste of money and fuel in a stock GS300. Anything higher than 93 in our cars is wasting money and resources. Higher octane fuels are for turbocharged and supercharged, or higher compression cars. Octane cools the combustion chamber therefore allowing more boost and preventing detonation. B)

Too high an octane will actually hurt performance.

i dont mean for daily driving.I have a gs 4 w/a ton of mods and havent had a chance to try it yet but I will.My buddy runs it at the track in his 96 Cobra and swears by it.Also I thought these cars were higher compression.By the way I spank that Cobra everytime we race and its not sloww.

:P

i dont mean for daily driving.I have a gs 4 w/a ton of mods and havent had a chance to try it yet but I will.My buddy runs it at the track in his 96 Cobra and swears by it.Also I thought these cars were higher compression.By the way I spank that Cobra everytime we race and its not sloww.

Yes our cars are high compression, although not high enough to need the 110. The times will tell ya, if there is any benefit, which I don't think you're going to see. :P