I've Been Hit...

blake918

Did you ever buy that PC?

I STILL think that most of that on your paint is just oxidation because of the single stage paint and can be corrected with a PC. You might want to hit up a detailer in your area and see what they think in person and see if it can be done by PC or if they think the use of a rotary will be neccisary. I would do it for free if I were in your area ;)

I never did get the PC. I would love to drop the car with a pro and see what he could make out of the paint though deep down I still know that the car just needs paint and rightfully so after 238,19x miles of southern wrath with no clear coat. Sadly, I don't know of any good reputable detailers in this area or at home. I'd be way to nervous having some random stranger messing with my paint. Sounds like I just need to take a road trip up to DC! lol I'd have already paid you to detail my car if you were closer! I don't like to take discounts from friends except from my neighbor that works at a Toyota stealership...I mean dealership. lol :D

...I just looked it up you are about 1,120 miles away! That'd be a hell of a trip! lol

:cheers:

LOL get some of your buddies together. "ROAD TRIP!"

Don't be concerned about a detailer messing with your paint, just make sure you pick one with good references that seems to know what he's talking about. Talk to several. If they mess up your paint then they are liable to repair the damage so if any detailer thinks they'll make it worse then they won't take the job.

The saving grace here, and why I think the paint may be savable is BECAUSE its a single stage job. Lexus single stage black is very thick and very polishable. What you need to do is remove that top layer of dead paint and reveal the living paint below. Single stage paints have more polishing room than clearcoats because they don't have a clear to burn through.

I was talking to my uncle this evening(I was getting rental info from him since his 18y/o son has had rental cars before. He knows the manger of enterprise in case they give me any trouble!), and he suggested I become a storm chaser and find some acid rain! :lol:

lmao Or maybe I should find a bad detailer with a good insurance policy! :whistles: lol

Road Trip...lol It'd be fun!!

I'll settle for a Crown Vic.

Be sure to get a red/maroon, black, or white one with dark tint.:whistles:

I'd have to get a white one because that's the color of the cruisers down here(upper level policemen get these really cool police Expeditions! I've seen late model Mustang Mach1 Police cars in Mississippi!!)! lol It'd be a fun car to have for a little while...I'd go the exact speed limit on the highway and see what kind of traffic congestion I could make!! lol Everyone is horrified of the Crown Vics, but I blow right past them as long as they don't have a state or public tags, and the black grill is usually a good indicator also. I've only seen like one or two Vics with civilian issue chrome grills.

State Farm is really making this rental thing a pain in my !Removed!. They origionally wanted to stick me in a Cavilier...I laughed at the lady at State Farm when she said that, but she was serious. Neither will I drive or be seen in that embaressment of a vehicle. She agreed to move me to a Grand Am/Stratus, but I'm not going to accept that either. They told me to try everything that Enterprise has to offer in that specific Grand Am class, and if I can't safely fit into something, we'd try and meet on what she called "common ground." I'll pitch a fit-I've got a laundry list of safety issues in mind that I'll discuss, and see if she won't upgrade me to another class or 2. If I can get atleast one more upgrade(I guess a Taurus or Impala would be the next class), I'll only be out about $5 a day for the Lincoln; I'll be w/o my car for about a week, so I want the nicest available rental and being to fit my long legs in is always a plus even though State Farm seems to think otherwise.

BTW, I never knew that Enterprise would rent to a 18y/o. For 18-20, they will only if it's for insurance purposes and if you have proof of insurance. Luckily, Enterprise is willing to rent me the biggest thing on their lot. They understand that tall people need big cars...it's rocket science(although I know State Farm is holding out for monitary reasons, but I shouldn't be both inconvienced by the damage to my LS and stuck in some god forsaken pontiac).

I drop her off November 8 for the repairs.

• 3 weeks later...

What a nightmare this is turning into. I got my car back on Monday. I thought it looked pretty good. The color looked nice, and it was blended into the entire half of the car beautifully. I get a call this morning from a State Farm Agent saying he wants to come and inspect the work that was done on my car. We agree that he meets me at 2pm here at the university. He get's here only to point out several flaws of the body work repair-scratches and enough swirl marks for about 5 cars. So, the agent(not 99..lol) is going to call the body shop to inform them that they are going to be resanding and repainting the area they repaired. It's a damn good thing this agent called me because I never got up close and scrutinized the repair. I guess there is some good in this. I'll see if my camera can capture the defects tomorrow.

I found it quite odd that State Farm would call me to see how satisfied I was with the work...much less them sending someone out to see it for themselves. I think it's was because the grand total came to $1,839.00 for that little job. That's insane!! :wacko:

I ended up with a PT Cruiser-just my luck that Enterprise runs out of Lincoln's. Talk about a practical joke gone wrong....I told my dad to just pick something for me. lol It was an ok car. It was extremely versitile, decently comfortable, and it seemed well put together for $15k-it didn't even have power locks or cruise control though! Rear visibility was pathetic. It was fun to try for a week. It was sure embaressing though since it was painted in "Electric Blue." When I got my LS back, I just thought wow!! You don't realize what an awesome car it is until you don't have it for a while. B)