Canadian Sc430

tjasc1411

I own a 2002 SC430 that originally came from Canada. I bought this vehicle from a leasing company in the United States. I have been able to get service on the car without any problems once I was able to register it.

I am experiencing a problem though. I wanted to trade in the SC on a new RX330 because I need a more practical car for the winter months. The dealers I have contacted have quoted me a trade-in value between $7000 to $10000 less than the US model. The only explanation I am getting from them is, " cars from Canada costs less than in the states".

I have written to my local dealer and a dealer in Canada for a better explanation, but no one has returned one.

There was an article in the Chicago Tribune last month stating the RX330 is being assembled in Canada. I wonder if you can buy one for less due to the fact it's being assembled in Canada? Rather doubt it.

My SC has all the available options except for a navagation system. And yes, it was assembled in Japan. I paid $53,500 for it two years ago and it has 10,400 pampered miles on it, and I absolutely love it.

Can anyone offer a logical reason for the low trade-in value? Thanks.

I posted this on the general forum, but was wondering if any SC430 owners would have any other info.