Door And Rear Deck Speakers

dont haven't them installed yet but i have a nakamichi pa-506 6 channel amp, Nakmichi cd-400 deck, and rainbow dream line component speakers... It should sound very badass.. i'll keep you posted... (rainbow speakers = VERY CLEAR SOUND!) thats just my 2 cents tho.. goodluck!

Whatever you do dont use the Kenwood KFC-1079ie 4". They suck. I'm having my old 4" Nakamichi speaker re-coned. The Nakamichi engineers knew what they were doing and I dont care to alter that. I dont advise people replacing the rear speakers with 2-ways. The kenwoods I have in there now have a tweeter in each speaker. I thought this would be an upgrade. This may be the cause of the cheap, non-rich sound that I have now. It sounds like the system has far too much of a treble sound. On a car costing $50k+ in 1993, had that been what sounded best, I'm sure they would have put a tweeter in the rear speakers. They didnt. The speaker boxes in your doors and in the rear deck are made specifically with your oems in mind. Different brand speakers, even having the same diameter, can have different application requirements such as watts, box air space, etc. I was really surprised to see actual speaker boxes in the door. Very nice.

Yeah I agree with BMAN that the Nakamichi system was specifically designed for the SC. There are many factors that are crucial in designing an audio system for a car in addition to the numbers; power, frequency, etc. All the factors need to be calibrated very carefully to work with the acoustics of a car, no two cars are same in terms of acoustics. I have not seen any other car that has better acoustics than LS and SC. Their insulation is so tight and there is hardly any vibration from the side panels even at high volume, even the HK system in BMWs are not to this level.

Many years back, there was a review on original equipped car audio systems and Nakamichi was rated the best, beating the most expensive audio options for BMW's and Cadillac's easily. Many audiophiles fell in love with the clarity and smoothness of the sound Nakamichi made. It is very best system in a sense that the sound is so smooth and easy to the ears with any music you play. You may be able to put a better, more powerful audio system, but it may not go well with the car, unless you go through an extensive fine-tuning. Just my opinion!