Lower Control Arm For 92 Sc400

tg8tor

Had my lexus checked out yesterday...everything came back great but he said my lower control arm bushings were shot. Cost around $750 to replace :censored: . Anyone have thoughts or has anyone had to replace these? He also said it would be around $1300 to replace the whole arm. Seems expensive but hell I dont have a clue.

I didn't think lexus could get just the bushings. I thought you HAD to get the whole arm.

Go to www.planetsoarer.com and look up Andrew Vladmos's bushings (dunno if I spelled that correctly). I know for the lower control arm and steering rack bushings, it's going to cost me about $500 CDN.

Aaron

www.tmengineering.net sells just the bushings. When you go on there click on Daizen. My mechanic charged me $175.00 labor to refurbish the old lower control arms. I was going to purchase a set from TM but he said that he already ordered the bushings so I held off. The set he ordered ended up being too small and we had to then rush and purchase an alternative set locally for $100 (each side). TM looks like a better deal. He may have just wanted more for his labor who knows. I still think $375.00 was a great deal... compared to $1300!!..ouch. Did he intend on using any vaseline!..lol Anyway, my car feels like new. I had no idea how shot they really were until replaced.

I have seen people buy the bushings by them selves. but i have no idea how the hell they got them. I just got Supra LCAs. Much cheaper and better imo.

hey southernsc300,

do you know if the Supra LCAs for the rear will fit on 95 Sc400? If so, which year should I get? I know the front 97+ Supra lca's work on 95 SC400.

Please advise. Thanks.

i'm interested as well. i believe my front lca bushings are shot.

would you happen to know if it will fit a 92 sc400? what year supra part am i looking for? would you have a part # and price?

I have seen people buy the bushings by them selves. but i have no idea how the hell they got them. I just got Supra LCAs. Much cheaper and better imo.

hey southernsc300,

do you know if the Supra LCAs for the rear will fit on 95 Sc400? If so, which year should I get? I know the front 97+ Supra lca's work on 95 SC400.

Please advise. Thanks.

hmm, after doing some more looking, i'll probably go with the daizen set. polyurethane will last much longer than replacement rubber bushings, especially if this is something that tends to go bad on these cars after a while.

i just hope it doesn't sacrifice too much comfort. i had polyurethane motor mounts put in my eclipse and damn the idle got rough.

any supra lca will fit any SC. However i am not so sure about the rear when it comes to the sc400, i could only assume so because the suspension is the same except the SC has taller springs and more comfy shocks.  I matched my lca with the same year, 95 supra with 95 sc.

and those vladmos bushings are $$$$. although they are stiffer rubber, so it looks like the ideal for durability without sacrificing ride quality...if u want to spend that kinda cash. looks like over $500 US for the entire control arm set.

hmm, after doing some more looking, i'll probably go with the daizen set. polyurethane will last much longer than replacement rubber bushings, especially if this is something that tends to go bad on these cars after a while.

i just hope it doesn't sacrifice too much comfort. i had polyurethane motor mounts put in my eclipse and damn the idle got rough.

any supra lca will fit any SC. However i am not so sure about the rear when it comes to the sc400, i could only assume so because the suspension is the same except the SC has taller springs and more comfy shocks.  I matched my lca with the same year, 95 supra with 95 sc.

I was thinking about the Daizen Sport Tuning Control Arm Bushing Kit. www.tmengineering.net/suspension/daizen/make/sc.html. but do I need just the bushings ($99)or should I get the ones that come with new outer steel shells and inner sleeves ($189) ?