A Friend Of Mine Is Thinking About Buying An Lx470

Badams

Ladies & Gentlemen:

A friend of mine from work (Troy) asked me about my LX 470. He is looking for a New / Used SUV and is impressed with what he has discovered about the LX 470 from the research he has done thus far. Please take a moment to post an honest opinion of what you think of yours to help him in his decision making process :cheers:

Many Thanks,

Badams

I do have 2001 LX470. This is my third Lexus

LX470 is a great car. You won't be disappointed.

There is rumor that year 2006 model will get major facelift.

So keep in mind that if you cosider buying year 2005 model.

Kenny :cheers:

Ladies & Gentlemen:

A friend of mine from work (Troy) asked me about my LX 470.  He is looking for a New / Used SUV and is impressed with what he has discovered about the LX 470 from the research he has done thus far.  Please take a moment to post an honest opinion of what you think of yours to help him in his decision making process :cheers:

Many Thanks,

Badams

As far as I'm concerned, the LX470 is the best rig on the road. I just purchased a 2002 last August and I am still thrilled with it every time I get inside. The feelings of luxury, safety and reliability are second to none and I'll probably stick with the LX470's for quite some time. I previously owned a Landcruiser, and as much as I love the LC, once I drove the LX470, I couldn't go back. Suffice it to say that I'm in love with this truck. I think my wife might even be a little jealous. The LX doesn't cook for me, but for that matter neither does my wife! LOL. But seriously, tell your friend that they won't be disappointed.

Cheers, :cheers:

Victor

• 3 weeks later...

I bought one new in 2000, drove it for 1.5 years, had to move to Belgium for 2 years and sold it. Bought another 2000 when I came back in 2003 and absolutely love it still. These cars do not seem to age. Ride is the best, pulls boat like nothing is there, and adjustable ride parameters are great. The only negative is the gas consumption!

We bought a used 2000 with 40K miles on it. It already has the usual wear and tear on it but it drives like a new car. Very smooth ride and strong engine. The only complaints are the stereo (it doesn't play CD-R disks sometimes) and the expensive repair costs (be sure to purchase a good extended warranty if youre over 50K miles). Over time, the straps holding the third row seats up can get weak (velcro) so be sure to have them checked. The gas mileage is pretty bad (about 12 mpg) but that's a given since it's a V8 SUV. We used to own Land Rover Discovery but the LX 470 is light years better and more reliable. If you have kids be sure to get a DVD/monitor upgrade.

• 5 months later...

I bought a 2002 LX470 two months ago (13,000 miles). I have been a BMW fan for 10 yrs and my wife drives a 2004 Ford Expedition. The LX is as comfortable as a 7 series BMW; has handling qualities comparable to the M series BMW and makes driving the Ford Expedition feel like you are driving a roller skate on ice. If you want the most satisfying vehicle experience available, in my opinion you cannot do better than the LX. Everything I have heard about reliablity and resale value only adds to the satisfaction.

I bought a 2002 LX470 two months ago (13,000 miles).  I have been a BMW fan for 10 yrs and my wife drives a 2004 Ford Expedition.  The LX is as comfortable as a 7 series BMW; has handling qualities comparable to the M series BMW and makes driving the Ford Expedition feel like you are driving a roller skate on ice. If you want the most satisfying vehicle experience available, in my opinion you cannot do better than the LX.  Everything I have heard about reliablity and resale value only adds to the satisfaction.

Handling comparable to the M series BMW? Come on! I can tell that you like the LX (so do I). The LXis still a SUV, not a sports car. BTW, the best handling SUV out there is the Cayenne (but it is still an SUV, not a 911!!)