Sc 400 Exhaust Tips

I backed into a rock and bunged up one of my exhaust tips. The local Lexus jewelry store wants $83 each and I need two to match. So the question is who has cheaper or after market tips that fit?

Also I am told that the approved technique for replacing them is just to knock the old ones off with a rubber hammer and bang the new ones back on with the same rubber hammer. Is this it, or is there something more subtle I'm missing?

This is for a 1999 Sc400.

I called Plano Lexus and they were $101.21 each. They were only about $83 at the dealer here in Annapolis.

Who would have after market items to fit? The pipes seem larger than normal. Are the same tips used on other Lexus models? Maybe the LS. There would be more LS's out in the junque yards than SC's.

I backed into a rock and bunged up one of my exhaust tips.  The local Lexus jewelry store wants $83 each and I need two to match.  So the question is who has cheaper or after market tips that fit?

Also I am told that the approved technique for replacing them is just to knock the old ones off with a rubber hammer and bang the new ones back on with the same rubber hammer.  Is this it, or is there something more subtle I'm missing?

This is for a 1999 Sc400.

I have a set that I replaced on my 04 LS430. I don't know if they will fit your car; you might want to check. If they do I'll let you have them , make an offer.

Lou K

Bah go aftermarket. I got SS tips for $15 each at CDN tire. Check out the lower right hand pic you can kinda see how they look....

page 2 - my cardomain page

They are round, straight cut 3.5" diameter I believe. Rolled edge. They are smaller looking than the stock ones, and they stay shiny a lot easier! Best this is if they get trashed I can get a new one at and Canadian Tire for $15...

Somebody at a supra meet heard my exhaust and saw the tips and asked me what aftermarket exhaust I had on. :whistles:

Aaron