Hi guys my ABS system has broke down and the small motor can no longer develop pressure. Whenever I drive now the brakes are catching the rotors making me lose 10mpgs. I want to disable the thing entire and go without ABS. Thing is, I don't know which fuse disables it precisely. There seems to be 4 fuses that says ABS in the engine bay fuse box.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever find the reason? Or, were you successful in finding the ABS fuses?

In my experience, an inop or disabled ABS should not affect regular braking in any way.  With disc brakes, there is no active 'retraction' device on the pads, just normal flex.

I have other ideas as to why your brakes could be dragging, but I'll wait until you respond. 😊

• 2 months later...
On 5/16/2023 at 7:33 AM, Carbuff2 said:

Did you ever find the reason? Or, were you successful in finding the ABS fuses?

In my experience, an inop or disabled ABS should not affect regular braking in any way.  With disc brakes, there is no active 'retraction' device on the pads, just normal flex.

I have other ideas as to why your brakes could be dragging, but I'll wait until you respond. 😊

The ABS DC motor brushes have worn down and so it can't build up any pressure. A wheel bearing was also bad and throwing an ABS code. The thing is I still feel like my brakes are not working properly even if those other issues are addressed. Generally I get about 30mpgs but it has dropped to 20's.