Inner Rear View Mirror "knocked Out" In A 99ls400?

afaleti

Help,

The inner rear view mirror in my 99 LS400 got knocked out, the whole assemply is hanging on the power and control calbe

Does anyone have any tips on how to reattach or how the assembly mounts ??

Will send pics

That should "slide" and snap back into place if the top bracket with the 2 screws is undamaged....

Otherwise, you may need to find that part - if the side tabs won't hold the mirror assembly anymore...

Help,

The inner rear view mirror in my 99 LS400 got knocked out, the whole assemply is hanging on the power and control calbe

Does anyone have any tips on how to reattach or how the assembly mounts ??

Will send pics

That should "slide" and snap back into place if the top bracket with the 2 screws is undamaged....

Otherwise, you may need to find that part - if the side tabs won't hold the mirror assembly anymore...

====================================================

99LSGUY,

Thanks for your tip, after taking a better look in a more relaxed mood I figured it out.

“Slide and catch at one end and push in to catch the other end”

I did not reattach it yet because I will try to get a new metal and plastic brackets, the plastic bracket was bent a little and I am the type of person that will sell the car if I had a vibrating mirror.

“Picture attached"

Thanks Again

afaleti,

Glad it will work out.......

That's a good idea to get a new bracket since you noticed it was slightly bent; to prevent it from "popping loose" again at some inopportune time....

Thanks for the photos - no I know what to look for too!!!

:D

afaleti,

Glad it will work out.......

That's a good idea to get a new bracket since you noticed it was slightly bent;  to prevent it from "popping loose" again at some inopportune time....

Thanks for the photos -  no I know what to look for too!!!

:D

My Main Man,

I was not able to pop the mirror assembly back in! It was a lot more complicated than I thought? Now I am confused and really *BLEEP*ed off after the Ravens lost to KC Chiefs.

Lexus has the metal plate, the part # is 7437230030 "SPRING, VISOR HANGER" (Image attached).

The BEST Lexus dealer in the country Sewell lexus in Dallas has it listed for $2.99

www.lexus-parts.com

Nobody can locate the plastic portion of the bracket; they all say it is part of the Mirror assembly? That is absolutely ridiculous

I was not able to pop the mirror assembly back in! It was a lot more complicated than I thought? Now I am confused and really *BLEEP*ed off after the Ravens lost to KC Chiefs.

Lexus has the metal plate, the part # is  7437230030 "SPRING, VISOR HANGER" (Image attached).

The BEST Lexus dealer in the country Sewell lexus in Dallas has it listed for $2.99

www.lexus-parts.com

Nobody can locate the plastic portion of the bracket; they all say it is part of the Mirror assembly? That is absolutely ridiculous

afaleti,

Sorry about the Chiefs game........we needed a win :cheers:

That is a rip if the whole mirror assembly is required - but I wouldn't doubt it :angry:

HOw much does that cost - $200+ :pirate:

Lexus has the metal plate, the part # is  7437230030 "SPRING, VISOR HANGER" (Image attached).

www.lexus-parts.com

afaleti,

Sorry about the Chiefs game........we needed a win :cheers:

That is a rip if the whole mirror assembly is required - but I wouldn't doubt it :angry:

HOw much does that cost - $200+:pirate:

Yes, You are very right but the only tip that everyone left out was that you need to remove the VISOR before installing the mirror !

After i removed the visor then i was able to insert the metal amd plastic bracket.

It is actually the best rear view mirror setup available.

N.B The auto light on the mirror is not as bright as before, It only glows at night ??

Thanks a million

The LS is da Bomb