New Owner Of 92 Ls400 Have ?

snsjeff

I everyone! I'm new to the Lexus world so please bear with me asking this question.

I have a 92 LS400 and it starts and idles really well....But while driving, once I get up above 50 mph or so, the engine starts to miss quite badly.

I'm sure I could go through the thing with new wires, plugs blah blah blah but before I do i was hoping I could save some time and $ and see if someone has had this experience and could share their story as to the cure.

Thanks in advance for any advice someone could offer...

Jeff

<_< Can't answer your question but want to welcome you to the Lexus world!

Be patient with her and you will enjoy, enjoy, enjoy for many miles! Stay in touch with this site and you will learn everything you need to know. I am sure someone will follow with good advice. Take care and good luck on this temporary problem!

Ron Again, Welcome! :cheers:

<_< Can't answer your question but want to welcome you to the Lexus world!

Be patient with her and you will enjoy, enjoy, enjoy for many miles! Stay in touch with this site and you will learn everything you need to know. I am sure someone will follow with good advice. Take care and good luck on this temporary problem!

Ron Again, Welcome! :cheers:

How many miles are on the car?

Almost 160k, I just got the car so I don't know much about it's tune up history, but I have changed the oil and filter all ready. the plug wires look really clean like they have been replaced fairly recently.

Your wires are bad, remove the wire covers on the valve covers and at night time, in the dark, lightly spray the wires with some dish soap and water mix, if you can see the wires lighting up then the insulation broke down on them and it's time to get new wires.