Over Drive

is there an overdrive button? or does overdrive kick in when in "D"? i just read the RX forum and someone says they have a button on the gearshift stick for overdrive. i went over the manual and don't recall any buttons for the ES.(i'm too lazy to look in the manual right now.) also how bad is bird dropping's on the ES paint?? i read the infinity has cheap paint and bird droppings eat away at the paint.

I am assuming that because your screen name is "RobsES330" that you are driving a 2004 or 2005. You description claims "none yet" so you may be driving a Yugo for all I know. With that in mind I'll make the following statements as general as possible.

The 2002 ES and newer has the gated shifter. When the selector is in "D" it is in the proper setting for the 5th gear or OD gear to be engaged if needed. No button need be pressed. If you move the lever to "4" then you have canceled out the ability of the tranny to go into OD.

Models previous to 2002 had the inline shifter that had a button you needed to engage for OD to be available.

steviej

Since steviej answered the 1st part of your question, I'll tackle the 2nd part :D

Bird droppings are harmful on any automotive paint, not just from a Lexus. If not cleaned off right away, they will slowly but surely eat away the UV-protected surface of the paint, thus leaving an oxidized appearance. Best to use a 50/50 alcohol-water mixture to clean off the bird droppings, and afterwards use a good polish and swirl mark remover for the final cleaning.

Steviej you are correct i am in fact driving a 2005 ES330. Why would i post a question on this Lexus forum about a non Lexus automoblie :P Thank you for answering my question. lexusk8 thank you also for answering the second part of my post. :)