Cleaning 96 Es300 Headlight Housings

92ES300Girl

Hey everybody. I just purchased my 96 ES300. I just wanted to know if anybody could tell me if its possible to open the headlight housing and clean the inside part of them????? Mine are a little gritty on the inside, and I was hoping that you dont have to buy NEW headlights just for them to be clear again. Also, does ANYBODY know how much some PIAA Ultra White headlight bulbs might cost??? I was looking for some that looked as close to stock as I could find for around $50 or less. :D

At the top of this forum are some pinned threads.

The thread about clearing corners will give you instructions on how to open up the headlights to clean then and how to seal them up again.

As for bulbs.

PIAAs are pricey but worth it. The Xtreme Whites are a good color/kelvin choice and very very bright. They go for about $80/pair and can be ordered online for cheaper. I have had good luck form this place.

An alternative is to use Sylvania Silverstars. They can be obtained at Autozone and Pepboys and at the site given above. They run for about $25 each at the store. Right now, I think sylvania is running a $5 rebate per bulb and the rebate details are available on their website.

steviej