Air Bag Light

nittysfirstlexus

whats up everyone i just bought a 91 ls400 with 180k for 3 grand it runs nice but the airbag light wont go off the engine has just been replaced i was thinking it may be some sort of reset needed any help would be great also the od light flashes every once in a while although the transmission seems fine and there is good fluide levels please help im worried its a big problem

• 2 weeks later...

:D

Hello all,

I have had the airbag light on since I got my battery changed at Sears. I've tried out the instructions from lexels.com for resetting the air bag light. & They work like a charm. It took me 6 trys, but worked like advertized.

:cheers:

Jay

Thanks for the kind words about my site guys :D, I am happy it's helping so many people out.

Regarding the O/D light...get a transmission fluid flush. I don't think it's a big problem, mine flashes every once in a while. Getting a tranny flush will be good no matter what...unless you've already done so or know it was flushed recently.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
will this work for 93 SC400?

Yup, I'm pretty sure it will. Try it, the worst that would happen is it wouldn't work.

Wow! I just found your website and I really appreciate all your efforts on the photos and such. I'm going to try the airbag light reset tonight. I just replaced a capacitor in the cluster and had to drive it w/out the dash for a little bit. Thanks.

I followed the "dancing wires" directions from the website and it worked like a charm. Admittedly, I had to try it about 10 times :censored: , before I got the rapid blinking light that indicates you've done it right.

I was able to keep the ground wire attached by just sliding it under the rubber cover/boot and the boot held it in place w/out a clip. This really is quite easy once you get the wires to the right length, as long as you have some patience. :cheers:

• 7 months later...

My 'New' 94 LS400 has the light always on feature as well. I tried the wire dance several times to no avail.

One thing that did happen that was not mentioned in the tutorial was that during the sequence the cruise light would come on. At the final stage the the cruise and ABS light would flash in a quick wig-wag motion. The Air bag light would flash slowly twice and then stay on.

Is it probable that I have more problems than code 41 being set?

I'd rather fix it (cheaply if I can) rather than resort to the tape fix.

TIA,

JimA