Is This Price Reasonable?

kel_zhang

Last month, I made a mistake to drop my wife in a Lexus dealer when I went to the bank around. Then, it happened. :chairshot: After 2 hours, I switched my 2000 Toyota Celica GTS for a brandnew 2004 IS300. The sales manager really did a great job to persuade me to make the decision. Here is the details specification of the car. Do you guys think the price is reasonable?

IS300 E-Shift Auto

Winter premium package with dual heated seats

Rear spoiler

Car mats and cargo mat

Rear entertainment system with 2 7"LCD screens

Rear view camera

K40-2000 hidden rader detector

Installed XM radio

Price: 28,500. :cries:

a brandnew 2004 IS300.

Rear view camera

Installed XM radio

Price: 28,500.:cries:

I wasn't aware these three items were factory installed options.

The XM I will concede because of the LS/ES installations lately.

Are the LCD screens in the headrests or flipdowns.

Even though it is a 2004, how many miles are on it? I ask because, my 2002 was bought in 2002 and toted as new by the dealer, the bank and my insurance company but it had 10,500 miles on it.

I can't help but wonder if the questioned extras are aftermarket add ons, but hey, if the dealer is covering them under the 4 year/50,000 mile warranty then I would say that you got a good deal.

steviej

Last month, I made a mistake to drop my wife in a Lexus dealer when I went to the bank around. Then, it happened. :chairshot: After 2 hours, I switched my 2000 Toyota Celica GTS for a brandnew 2004 IS300. The sales manager really did a great job to persuade me to make the decision. Here is the details specification of the car. Do you guys think the price is reasonable?

IS300 E-Shift Auto

Winter premium package with dual heated seats

Rear spoiler

Car mats and cargo mat

Rear view camera

K40-2000 hidden rader detector

Installed XM radio

Price: 28,500.:cries:

That really all depends on how much trade in value they allowed on your Celica.

This is the dealer's demo car. Only 50 miles. Dealer installed all the toys which were not in the invoice price. The hidden radar detector is very cool. I think it is a necessary tool for anyone driving this racing car. I just drove 600 miles in 2 days from NJ to DC. Average speed was around 90 miles. The detector did not miss any potential enemies.

For your reference, the trade-in value of my 2000 Celica was $11,000. It was bought in 2000 with 50,000 miles.

:rolleyes:

If all the toys are included in the 4 years/50k mile warranty, then I would say you got yourself a nice ride at a decent price.

Enjoy.

steviej

PS, think about showing it off at the upcoming Lexus meet right outside of NYC on 10/3/04. Here is the link.

I will hook you up with the best non-dealer installed option:

LOC window stickers.