Why The Is?

KeithR3

I'm in the market for a new IS and before I make the plunge I would like to hear other peoples opinion on why they chose the IS. Is it the looks, performance, Lexus dependability? I am new to this board and to the Lexus world and would really like more insight about the car. TIA!

KeithR3

Vergy good question bud. :P I remember last year when I went to go purchase the 2003 IS 300 Sport design I was death set on it. Let me tell you why. Before that for about 3 weeks I went to all the foreign dealears (hence no american dealers b/c american cars are just not dependable.) I went to Subaru, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Toyota, Hyundai, Honda, Nissan, and Infinit. I researched all cars and eventhough these companies had very good cars some were overpriced (i.e Toyota), some had cheap parts(i.e Infinit), and basically some had weak engines(i.e Audi) for all the money you have to pay for the car. Lexus has the most reasonable prices for very nice cars that hardly have any flaws. I mean the name lexus tells you all, Luxury and Elegance. Now obviously I cant afford the very expensive cars and thats why I was shopping in the market with a limit of 35,000 dollars. And trust me the IS300 is the best buy for that price. Now you may be thinking why cant I just get a BMW 325ci/i in that price range. Well altough its a BMW having the 325 feels like your overshadowed by the higher model the 330ci/i which is like saying you cant afford 330 so you bought the 325. I personally would not like that though in the back of my head. So the best choice for is Lexus Is300, its sleek, its stylish, its sporty, its very luxurious, its pimped out, and its just an awesome car. keep in mind it has a 215 hp engine with 218 torgue. Its not exactly a BMW or Mercedes but its got the power to pack the punch ( take it on a test drive). After all only the sophisticated and mannered drive Lexus. B)

Good Luck getting your new car and remember do your homework, look around. :cheers:

Vergy good question bud. :P I remember last year when I went to go purchase the 2003 IS 300 Sport design I was death set on it. Let me tell you why. Before that for about 3 weeks I went to all the foreign dealears (hence no american dealers b/c american cars are just not dependable.) I went to Subaru, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Toyota, Hyundai, Honda, Nissan, and Infinit. I researched all cars and eventhough these companies had very good cars some were overpriced (i.e Toyota), some had cheap parts(i.e Infinit), and basically some had weak engines(i.e Audi) for all the money you have to pay for the car. Lexus has the most reasonable prices for very nice cars that hardly have any flaws. I mean the name lexus tells you all, Luxury and Elegance. Now obviously I cant afford the very expensive cars and thats why I was shopping in the market with a limit of 35,000 dollars. And trust me the IS300 is the best buy for that price. Now you may be thinking why cant I just get a BMW 325ci/i in that price range. Well altough its a BMW having the 325 feels like your overshadowed by the higher model the 330ci/i which is like saying you cant afford 330 so you bought the 325. I personally would not like that though in the back of my head. So the best choice for is Lexus Is300, its sleek, its stylish, its sporty, its very luxurious, its pimped out, and its just an awesome car. keep in mind it has a 215 hp engine with 218 torgue. Its not exactly a BMW or Mercedes but its got the power to pack the punch ( take it on a test drive). After all only the sophisticated and mannered drive Lexus. B)

Good Luck getting your new car and remember do your homework, look around. :cheers:

You got that riight. I don't think anyone could say it better. :D