Cat-back Exhaust

94lex83457

Most of the good system are axle back and are not going to give you any real performance gain (they maybe lighter). The stock mufflers are straight thru. If i were you i would do a true dual exhaust using 2.25 piping w/ x-pipe or h-pipe and good straight tru mufflers.

I wouldn't change the stock mufflers, they do a good job of keeping the noice down and are a pretty nice straight through design. I'm going to get a new midpipe section made (from the front cats the the rear mufflers), this will eliminate the 3rd cat, and the 2 resonators. I'm sure it'll be plenty loud for those wanting the sound of an aftermarket system, but the main this is it'll have all the performance gains any true cat-back will have, at a fraction of the cost.

Obvously i'm going to track test various things, so we'll see. Maybe next week I'll do a couple runs with the mufflers removed, then a couple with the mid pipe removed (so that just the maniflds and cats are on the car)....