Won't Start - My Bad

dole2000

:blink:

I was cleaning the engine compartment of my 91 LS this evening. Decided to rinse the dirt that I got lose do the sides. I started the engine and lightly sprayed water on the dirt. I though I was carefull to avoid any critcal area. The ngine died but strted back up. I let it idle for about 5 minutes, it missed a bit. Then stalled. Won't strart at all now. I am sure it is flooded if not more.

What could it be? Second, is there a procedure for un-flooding. I know in my RX-7 I have to take out the fuse for the fuel pump and turn it over for 20 seconds. What is the best way. Thanks in advance.

Bob

I hosed out my engine a while back, and the same thing happened to me! Mine would run...a little and it was missing horribly. You probably filled up the spark plug cyliners with water...that's what I did. I had to pull the "32v 4cam" nonsense cover off, take the wires off just the spark plug end, and get your air compressor and blow the water out. All will be well afterwards. Good luck!

:cheers:

Hahaha...you did it too! :lol: j/k I hosed out my engine a while back, and the same thing happened to me! Mine would run...a little and it was missing horribly. You probably filled up the spark plug cyliners with water...that's what I did. I had to pull the "32v 4cam" nonsense cover off, take the wires off just the spark plug end, and get your air compressor and blow the water out. All will be well afterwards. Good luck!

Hey Blake.........

Ivan the Terrible is coming - I think its going to wobble more towards New Orleans too!!!

Are you Okay :o

I just turned on the weather channel; you're right-it looks like he's comming for us, MS, the FL pan handle, and AL. I've never been better especially since school is canceled today and tomorrow(thurs)!! :D I'm up at LSU right now; it's a beautiful day...a little windy-I just got in from taking a drive(I got bored. I was going to go take a spin down I10, but I would have been on there for days...I hit the back roads instead! I saw a black '05 ES330-had the awesome new oem 17" rims-from Mobile, AL...what a car!)! My parents plugged in all of the pumps around our house(New Orleans is ~10feet below sea level...makes for awesome streets and even better floods!) and evacuated...my dad is more worried about his resturant in Biloxi that is about 50 yards away from the Gulf, but I guess that's why we have flood insurance...hopefully we won't have to use it. I'm going to my aunt's "Hurricane Party" tonight. :lol: Plus, her house is up on a bluff, so my LS will stay high and dry. How's your achilles tendon treating you?

the next morning the car started normal but misses when I was on the freeway. Brought it home and took my winter car with me on the road trip. After sitting for two days I drove it and it ran normal. to be safe I will probably replace spark plug wire and dist cap.

thanks for the help'

Bob