92 Es300 Abs Indicator

PhilP

My ABS indicator light just came on. Has anybody had this kind of experience? If so, what may be the possible cause? I checked the fuse and it appears to be okay. I did check if the ABS would work by slamming on the brakes and causing the car to skid. It did not activate so I know it's not working.

Also, I'm not sure if this is related. I must have snapped the cable for the hand brakes when I released it. When I pulled on the lever to activate it, there is no tension on it at all. And the brakes are not activated.

How do I locate the ABS wheel sensor to make sure that I did not screw that one up too. ;)

when the ABS light is on the brakes work as conventional brakes.

it is possible the cable break is the cause. Did the light come at the same time the cable broke or a few days after?

have it looked at by a reputable/knowledgable mechanic.

other problems may include a sensor malfunciton or a pressure modulator valve failure.

steviej

• 1 month later...

Something similar has happened to my ES 250. Before I got the car, someone had taken one of the parking brakes off of the rear wheel. They just left the cable dangling, and it chewed up the ABS sensor real bad.

If you snapped your parking cable, you may have done the same thing. The bad news is you'll probably have to get a new wheel hub as well as a new ABS sensor for that wheel, because the cable probably chewed that up too.