Any Buying Tips? Wanna Get The Best Deal

futureowner311

I am looking to buy the 2005 is300. I am waiting a while until I am prepared to make the dive. I know everything is negotiable when it comes to purchasing a new car. I want to get the top of the line but would like to get at a cheaper price than asked. I have already talked with the sales man at the dealer and he has even stated himself I could really get a good deal. exact word "everything is negotiable." I just don't want to go in there thinking I know what I am talking about and then find out I was asking for something totally impossible. Any feedback would be greatful. Maybe some of the tricks a young person like myself would be aware of.

Peace

Go to this site

http://www.edmunds.com/

Go to Lexus and then 2005 IS300.

You can enter all the equipment and options you want and get the sticker price, the dealer's cost price and what is considered True Market Value or "TMV" for the exact vehicle you want and set for your particular area by zip code. That should be real close to the price you can buy the car for. Print that out and take it with you when you go to buy the car. There are other sites where you can also get "dealers" cost, but Edmunds is pretty good.

take bartkat's advice and shop/research the net.

what is your timeframe for need?

Can you wait until December? Lexus usually has the December to Remember program. You might find a good deal there.

Also, if you wait until early 2005 when hints of the 2006 model are leaked, you will see the 2005 prices come down.

steviej

I do have a lot of time. I am waiting to get a settlement from losing my 2003 vw gti 20th. I am definately going to luxury sedan rather than what I went for before. I was actually waiting till next year anyway. Do you think the 2006 is going to be as awesome as the 2005? I guess what I am expecting or asking is for those guys that are just hard core negotiators. I am in the sales business and know I could talk them down. I guess I am asking for something kind of ridiculous to ask. But if I get the knowledge I am looking for I know I could save a lot of money. I was so brave as to even ask the sales man how much he had to discount a car and he just said he couldn't talk about it. Hopefully I am not asking too much and don't bother you with these questions. Anymore feed back is appreciated.

Peace

in 2005, you would stand a better chance at getting a price reduction on the 2005 than on an order for a 2006. Even more so you would get a great deal on a 2004 as they will be trying really hard to lose these from the lot. Is there much change from 2004 to 2005....I didn't think there was.

steviej