Poor Acceleration, After New Intake

feen78

i added a air intake to this vehicle and when i punch the gas it dipps into a stall then takes off once in second it drives great and accelerate great just when i'm taking off top end is great but low end sucks. it cruisEs but i'm lookIng for some rubber

i added a air intake to this vehicle and when i punch the gas it dipps into a stall then takes off once in second it drives great and accelerate great just when i'm taking off top end is great but low end sucks. it cruisEs but i'm lookIng for some rubber

In order to help, one would need to ask:

What kind of air intake did you get? Did you have to relocate the MAF? Are you getting any CEL? What kind of rubber are you looking for?

If you have an open element intake there's another problem that can happen. Air from the radiator cooling fans can cause turbulence at the filter. Some cars won't idle wien the fans are running. This could be your problem at coming off idle and beginning acceleration. The fix is to put a baffle or shield around or to the side of the air filter to block that airflow from the fans.