fab keys

Lilliam

LILLIAM C CURI-JANATA

March 07, 2023 at 03:25 PM

On December 30, 2022,  I purchased a gray 2023 Lexus UX Hybrid. At that time, there was only one Key Fob available to the new car buyer. I was informed that this decision was due to a chip shortage. I am concerned about this decision. In the event that I misplace or lose my one Key Fob, how do I address this potential problem? What is the current situation on the availability of chips so that I can be issued a 2nd Key Fob? My husband and I have been loyal Lexus customers for over 20 years and we recently went to the Lexus of Palm Beach dealership to consider trading in our existing Lexus  RX350 for a 2023 updated model. However, my existing problem with the one Key Fob rule has influenced my decision to want to purchase a new Lexus.  I need this situation resolved.  Either issue me a second Key Fob now or purchase one for me from a third party (because that was one suggestion I received from a customer support agent to resolve this issue).  Thank you for your attention to this concern, SincerelyLilliam R Curi Janata

Purchasing an extra key/fob can cost $500 from an auto locksmith. While it is convenient to have two keys, I've often had only one after buying a used vehicle. It was never that big of a problem, especially considering the cost of an additional fob.

Have you tried to find out when the second fob will be available?