Change Settings On Remote Locking?

JStx

2003 ES 300 - Can I have the dealer change the setting on the remote locking so I can hit the "lock" button with doors and/or trunk open and the car locks when they are all closed?

I had this on my '95 Volvo and it allowed me to lock and pocket the remote before filling up my hands with stuff to carry in. Now I have to keep the key out 'till all the doors and trunk are shut...

Thanks in advance.

Thanks - I have to believe it is possible, but when I asked the service writer at the dealer, he just said - "Not adjustable, but when you leave the car for 30 seconds with no one inside and all doors and trunk closed it locks automatically."

Well - it doesn't - I have left it for an hour unattended in the drive and it is still unlocked when I get back. Only locks automatically if I unlock with the remote and then don't open a DOOR, not trunk, within 30 secs.

Guess I had a newbie on the service drive. Going to write the service manager at the dealer with a list of things I am not crazy about and see what then can do.

Mostly a great car - some things I like better in my '95 Volvo...

Thanks for your encouragement.