Paint Mod

j_lee84sc

Alright guys listen up, this mod will work for anyone that has a 95+ sc, i dono if the earlier years have this available. ok on the doors of the car is a black strip of paint, mine was chipping and underneath i noticed it was a shinny chrome. so in my state of curiosity i put several lines of tape surrounding the area of paint around my car and i applied paint stripper to the chipped strip of black paint. i got the excess small chips and crease by the door off by applying stripper to a cloth and wipping it all off. the end result is a beautiful shiny chrome strip on your doors. very classy!! if you do this put on some gloves...that paint stripper burns!!!! Happy SC Days my friends!!

I guess you are talking about around the windows. Black paint integrates with the rubber seals around the window so if all the black paints are stripped, the black rubber will stick out visually, IMHO making it cheap. But with the black stripped, chrome surface will more than double making it very chrome. I love chrome accent so I have wrapped the wheelbase with chrome molding (also to protect from dings). Professional moldings can be purchased from auto paint shop (high quality) or from local auto part store (standard quality). It’s simple to put on (depending on type) with standard modeling, use thumb to guide around the wheelbase making it perfect (no wiggle and waggle line). There is one type made by 3M with inner lip built-in which is really high quality. Depending on the quality / type $15-75 so it’s consider a cheap mode.

post-3-1094171540.gif