Tires

fred

Fred, you must mean Falken tires right? What size tires do you need? Did you get the Ziex ZE-512's? Probobly not the best choice for an LS as they are an Ultra high performance all season tire.....I just put a set on my wife's car & they are awesome!!! Let me know & perhaps I can help. Stay away from the GY GA's :whistles: , they are very old technology! I can suggest alternatives but I need the size & what are most important to you in a tire. B)

:cheers:

Most of the all season tires I have put are cars are really noisy when the are new. My LS has Good Year Aquatred III and when they were knew I HATED them because of the noise. After about 5,000 miles the noise was nearly gone. Now with 20,000 they are glassy quiet. The tread must vibrate a whole lot more on new tires which would make sense.

Well, I have Pep boys tires. They were on the car when I got it. Something tells me they will be leaving shortly. :whistles:

What tire did Lexus LS400's have on them original? Whatever that tire was...is what I want. Lexus would have been selective for the quietest tire with the smoothest ride.

Not necessarily 95LS. Lexus (like all automakers) are more concerned about their profit margins & costs than they are about the quality & quietness of the tires they select for their cars at the factory. They mainly put a tire on that will just 'do the job' as opposed to putting the very best available.......more often than not they are all season tires because you have folks from Key West to Alaska (Canada in the middle there ;) ) driving these cars so they try & put something on that will appeal to customers in all areas.....problem is they select sub-standard rubber from the outset which is wrong! again, worried about their bottom line & not the customers safety first. Like I said, it's all automakers not just Lexus. Tires put on from the cactory 8 - 12 years ago are old & very outdated technology. You might be able to still find them on the market, but I would suggest getting something much more modern that will have superior traction & last much longer at roughly the same price point. B)

:cheers: